Monday, August 16, 2010

My new delicious smoothies!



So, I have really been wanting sweet things, like pie, ice cream, cookies, brownies, milkshakes, etc. However, since my kidneys aren't filtering sugar, that cuts all those beautiful things out of the picture of my diet right now. What's a girl to do to satisfy that sweet craving? Make smoothies! Yes, there still is some sugar, but at least it is coming from fruit and yogurt which also has important vitamins and such rather than empty calories from straight sugar.
Here is my recipe!



Beautiful Berry Smoothie
Servings: 2
1 cup frozen berry medley (strawberries/blueberries/blackberries)
3/4 cup vanilla (no sugar added) yogurt
1 large banana
3/4 cup orange juice
10-11 ice cubes

Adjust orange juice ammount for desired consistancy.

Sugar per serving: 17.5 g



3 comments:

  1. Yum! I lived on those while preggo : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good in the summer. I've found that 1 to 2 yogurt cups plus whatever fresh fruit we have in the house is fantastic together. And occasionally, I put in a scoop of ice cream. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really refreshing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete