Friday, August 13, 2010

Decorating Progress

Pride isn't always a bad thing, right? I mean, I can be proud of a project I thought of and completed without it being a bad sort of proud. I sure hope so, because I am proud of how my brain thought of a design concept for the baby's room. I long ago knew I wanted to use animals since they work well for boys or girls, so I started purchasing stuffed animals. Then I had the idea of using pictures of baby animals around the room! So I downloaded some pictures and went on Walmart.com photo center and ordered the pictures I found in 8x10 size. Next I went to Hobby Lobby to get in on their %50 off on all photo frames sale this week and found three frames that I thought would fit the pictures well. Now that the room is empty of the guest bed, all it needs is a crib and a dresser/bookshelf thing that I can position around the room and then I can put the animals in their new homes. Here are some pictures of the "before" nursery. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for the "after"!

The room

Decorations! Baby Penguin and Leopard are new

Mommy and Baby Giraffe

Shelves that will eventually decorate the walls

Random picture of Mimi in a tissue box. Hehe.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I am excited to see it all finished! The pictures you downloaded and printed are great. Way to go. I'm proud of you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I like that you printed pictures of real animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a bigger tissue box or a smaller Mimi.

    ReplyDelete