Saturday, August 7, 2010

Celebration Week!

The first week of August is always exciting for us as I celebrate a birthday and then we celebrate our anniversary! Garry got me some wonderful cards and a massage certificate for my birthday, which will be coming in handy sometime within the next year after going through the stresses and joys of being a mom.
I couldn't help but be joyful when I considered all that our loving Father has blessed us with over the past four years of our marriage. God provided both of us with the perseverance to graduate from college, opened doors for a solid career at KPMG for Garry and teaching opportunities for me with Omaha Public Schools, provided us with the money smarts to save up and plan for buying a house, helped our moving process go smoothly, and now has blessed us richly with the responsibility of becoming parents in a very short seven weeks. Praise be to our God from whom all blessings flow!
To celebrate, we went to 94/95 Sports Grille which is a gourmet sports-themed restaurant and bar out in West Omaha. We made it in time for happy hour so we got an appetizer for half price. My food was pretty good and Garry loved his pizza. Afterward we went to Target to do some preliminary registering for baby. Whew. I think half of our registery ended up being books because I got really excited about those.

My chicken roulade and potato. Yum.

My wonderful husband enjoying his food--even if he doesn't enjoy my documenting!
Garry has been hard at work on our crib, which is turning out to be more of a task than we originally anticipated...but at least it has given Garry an excuse to buy some man toys, like his new De Walt power hand sander. We bought our eco-friendly primer and paint for when the original paint is all stripped. I am excited to see the crib turn to a beautiful white for our baby!

Garry and his new sander

Three "finished" sides

1 comment: