Garry and I took our little Anika to her first check-up tonight at the pediatrician. We are extremely blessed to have a wonderful pediatrician at our church, so we are seeing her for all of Anika's needs. Even though Anika does NOT like getting undressed and being cold, she did wonderfully in all areas of health. She has already gained back four ounces that she dropped and is back up to her birthweight, which is amazing. I wasn't too surprised because she has been eating really well. Dr. Belin also said that everything about Anika is looking very healthy and she seems to be right on track. Anika's blood tests from the hospital also all came back negative, so we are full of praise for that. I am overwhelmed by God's grace to us in our beautiful daughter and am trying not to take her progress and clean bill of health for granted. Our Father in heaven is providing for us abundantly more than we have asked, and I can only pray that His will be done in my little Anika's life.
We were also blessed by having my parents come down for a quick visit so the new grandparents could spend some time with their granddaughter. We had a nice time and Anika was held enough to last her at least a week...or until we are able to see them again.

Meeting Grandpa Sparks

Time with Grandma

Practicing tummy time with Daddy
Grandpa and Grandma look pretty comfortable already! :)
ReplyDelete