Part of me feels like I've been pregnant for a long long time; the other part feels like I just found out yesterday that Garry and I were going to be parents. I guess that's sort of the thing about a nine month time span. Enough time to physically/mentally/emotionally/financially prepare (sort of), and yet not too much time to get extremely tired of not having my body all to myself. My life still has sort of a surreal quality to it when I think about having a baby. I mean, I know plenty of friends who have babies. All of a sudden, there's just this other person there for whom they get to be completely responsible. I've seen other people go through this transition, but to go through it myself...it still doesn't seem real. Some days I still can't believe that I am pregnant. I mean, I KNOW I'm pregnant, but it's just one of those life-changing things that happens to other people and that I was hoping would happen to me...and now it has.
Reality is starting to set in a bit more with the purchasing of baby gear. Craigslist is awesome when you live in a decent metropolitan community like Omaha. So much gently used, cheap baby gear that I get overwhelmed looking at all the posts. I still use caution with this website, but all my experiences so far have been extremely positive. Thanks to being thrifty, we now have a baby bouncer and pack n play, in addition to the changing table I bought previously on craigslist. Garry and I also purchased a travel system so that if baby decided to show up early we could at least get our little one home from the hospital.
Baby's "new" bouncer
The pack n play
Baby's mode of transportation
37 weeks!
In case you forgot what 15 weeks looked like...
Oh you look so cute!! I can't wait to meet your little one! Please please have the baby a week early so I can see him or her before we go to Colorado! I am impressed with all your craigslist purchases...I LOVE the bouncer...very fancy!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a good feeling to know that the baby could come anytime and be pretty healthy? I would feel relief! You look great, Joelle. I'm praying for you guys, especially these next few weeks. And yes, Craigslist is awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat bouncer is awesomely adorable! Also, love the carseat and stroller. You'll have to let us know if you like it or not. I have a feeling we'll be registering sooner that we realize. Can't wait to meet your new little guy/girl!
ReplyDeleteI had that same surreal feeling! It's strange, though your body won't be yours for a while after the baby is born either.
ReplyDeleteSome days I look st him and say, "How did you get here?"
Yet right now the baby is sleeping. I look around the living room and see his diapers, play gym, swing, toys, books, burp rags, blankets, and diaper bag; yet for this moment, I am sitting next to my hubby on the couch watching TV with him and nothing has changed.
Enjoy the journey.