Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Less than TWO WEEKS...hopefully

Here we go. The final countdown. We are now simply waiting for baby to come in God's timing. However, we would be most appreciative of God's timing to be after Thursday of this week since Garry is out in Iowa City. Thankfully my mom graciously agreed to come and stay with me while the father-to-be is out of town, just in case baby would decide to make an early appearance. We have been keeping busy preparing more things for the household for when baby arrives. We made FOUR chicken pot pies (one to test and three for later) and did a test run of a taco lasagna, which was definitely good enough to make more. These are the start of my stockpile of freezer meals for the first couple months. I still have more that I want to make, so we'll hopefully get one more recipe put away by the end of the week. We also are going to work on a mobile to hang above the changing table.

Chicken Pot Pies!

Ready for the Freezer

The beef taco lasagna that will be joining the pot pies in the freezer

Here is also a side shot of baby and me for the 38th week, although baby is pushing out on the bottom half, so my belly looks sort of funny.

5 comments:

  1. So close! So close! Praying hard and waiting to hear good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked it more if you had labeled it "chix pot pie." My mom always abbreviates chicken that way, and it makes me laugh every time. Even typing it just now, I giggled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! What a smart gal you are to make meals ahead of time! Even when your church gals make meals for you, this will be super helpful to a tired mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Joelle. You need to have your baby because I am suppose to have mine after you. It will give me hope that I can escape the PUPPS soon. So glad you are doing well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love freezer meals that you make. It is nice to know that you have something you can eat that is nourishing, tasty, and made of ingredients you approve of. I really appreciated that meals people brought by, but they brought a lot of junk and a lot of sugar, not something a new and recovering Mama needs!

    ReplyDelete