People don't really notice at first glance, but my smile is not the greatest. Half of my top teeth are sliding back behind my bottom teeth, which is called a crossbite. Crossbites are not beneficial for healthy jaw function. I also have a lot of crowding in my bottom teeth, which is uncomfortable sometimes when I am eating. I have known my teeth were getting worse for awhile, and Garry and I always said that I could get braces sometime. Now that we have bought a house and Garry is steadily working at his job and I had a couple years to supplement our income, we can afford braces!
So now, I have braces. After an hour and a half in a chair with my mouth spread open, my new smile is beginning.
The great thing is that you can't really tell too much because of the ceramic braces on my top teeth. My mouth doesn't hurt too badly, at the moment. I just have to get used to this stuff between my lips and my teeth. Eating is also a bit of a challenge as I have bumpers on my bottom teeth so that my top teeth don't come down too far. But it's okay. Only 20 months of my life for a lifetime of healthier teeth!
So here is a picture of my braces.
Lookin good :)
ReplyDeleteHey, we must be related :) I had a cross bite too:) Mine was CRAZY bad though and they had to fix it when I was in 3rd grade.
ReplyDeleteNice! I have never noticed that your teeth were messed up. Ever.
ReplyDelete