Friday, July 9, 2010

Good news...and disappointing news

I had another checkup today. The midwife looked over my chart and made some comments about how it was GREAT that we didn't have to worry about gestational diabetes, and that my homoglobin levels in the blood were really good. My uterus is measuring right on track where it should be for 29 weeks at 29 cm. My weight gain is okay...I gained about a pound and a half each week and I should only be doing a pound, so I need to make sure I keep exercising. I was very encouraged and then on my way out the door, the nurse came and said that I was spilling sugar in my urine sample. I had only had a tiny cookie that morning about 2 hours before the appointment, but apparently there was a lot of sugar in my system. The midwife said to cut back on sweets...pretty much avoid them so that baby doesn't get too fat. So no more cookies or ice cream or sweetness for me for the next 11 weeks. Boo. Oh well. I can have some to celebrate when my healthy baby comes! So if I am visiting you anytime soon: HIDE THE SWEETS so I am not tempted to indulge.

Another good happening was some success at finding gender neutral but still cute onsies! And a couple bibs. And a new friend!




This picture is sort of deceptive, but the seal is bigger than baby will be when baby is born. But it is so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the sweets. :( Only 11 weeks to go! How crazy! I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete