Monday, July 26, 2010

Sugar problems...

I am now 31 weeks, so only 9 more to go before baby comes, LORD willing. I had an appointment at the midwives this morning to have a routine checkup on me and baby. However, the appointment was not so routine in that my urine sample came back with an extremely high level of sugar in it AGAIN. The frustrating thing is that I didn't have any sugary things at all before the appointment. I had gained almost four pounds when I am supposed to keep it at two pounds between appointments, but I was expecting more weight gain since I had just been on vacation for 12 days. However, my uterus measured at 33 cm when it should only have been about 31, so the midwife is concerned that baby is growing too much in a bad way because of the sugar. Tomorrow morning I have a fasting blood test followed immediately by another glucose test to check again for gestational diabetes. If I have GD, oh well. I just want to find out what is causing so much sugar in my system so that we can fix it. So hopefully the tests tomorrow provide clear answers for what we need to do next to keep baby and me healthy. We will pray for wisdom for the medical professionals so they know exactly what to do for baby and for peace and patience as we figure this out.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your appt...and for a safe and healthy 9 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bummer Joelle! I am so sorry! Keep us updated about how it goes. We will be praying for you. Kerrin and Justin

    PS Oh and how was your birthing class?

    ReplyDelete