Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Shifting Focus

I only have two more days of teaching left! It is hard to believe, but at the same time very welcome. My second year went by quickly, but not without a lot of events and stress to make me ready for summer. And not only is it the last day with my students for this year, but for awhile. After this, my focus will be shifting from teacher and director to mother and caretaker of a family. This is a huge shift, but one I am looking forward to. Now that I can actually see it when baby moves, and my skin is stretching more and more, and I am feeling more full and pregnant, I am ready to "NEST". I want to organize, clean, plan, and decorate the house so that it is in the best shape possible for baby's arrival. And summer, along with not going back to teaching, gives me time to shift my focus and get used to the new career of mothering. I will miss many things about teaching, but I am looking forward to many blessings of parenting, even though I have NO IDEA what to expect. I just have to keep praying that God will guide us and will get me through this transition, and as long as my focus of my whole life remains in the gospel, I will get through whatever other transitions are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment