Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lots of Movement for Baby

This is my first official Mother's Day! Hooray!
The past week has been incredible in that I can really feel baby move around now. Sometimes the movements are so strong they surprise me and I can't help but say, "Oh!" or "Woah!". Baby definitely has long periods of sleeping though, and seems to wake up right when I want to go to bed. Last night baby kept me awake for a little while as I was trying to fall asleep. I'm sure this is only the beginning of that happening! At least the movements are still gentle enough that they don't hurt or make me uncomfortable. I'll cherish these moments of movement while I can because before I know it, baby will have movements that are pushing on ribs and other sensitive parts.
Oh! And we bought a crib and a glider/rocking chair for the baby's room! We got them used at a garage sale, but they are in decent shape. The crib will be a project for Garry this summer to refinish and hopefully stain a nice color. Exciting times!
And this morning I could tell that baby can hear now. I played congas in church for worship today, and as soon as I would start playing, baby would wiggle around in surprise of the noise. Hopefully baby will grow up with a good sense of rhythm from listening to conga beats twice a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment