We had some fun birthdays when we were younger, and my mom made us some pretty awesomely decorated cakes because she's amazing. But as the years have passed, I've lost my desire for birthday parties.
Until my baby was going to have one.
Enter crazy ideas for decorations and wanting to have everything incredible.
Of course, I wanted to do everything somewhat frugally. I mean, she's not even going to remember it...but I still wanted it to look nice.
So i set up everything for the party a whole week ahead of time. Yes. Everything was decorated for a whole week. Good thing I love Blue's Clues!
I worked very hard for many hours with many pieces of construction paper to make her Blue's Clues characters to put on the wall. They are pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. And Target was my best friend. And
I am proud of my efforts to be a party planner, and that everything turned out well
When people arrived, we kept them busy with a coloring station. I had printed out pictures of Blue's Clues and had crayons available for people to color a picture and write a birthday message on it. I took a picture of them after the party. I thought it was a good idea and people seemed to enjoy it!
However, all that really matters was that we were able to celebrate with family and friends who love us and who love Anika, who are there to help us love, parent, and teach her about how much she is loved by her Heavenly Father and her Saviour Jesus. That she is loved with an everlasting love that forgives all her sins. That this love is so much better than any earthly love we could ever hope to show her.
To be surrounded by friends and family in Christ is the best sort of party, no matter the location, food, decorations, or presents.
You are AMAZING, Joelle! What a great party!
ReplyDeleteI love it! How fabulous. Construction paper can be a pretty amazing tool! Love you, and Anika! I can't believe she is one! Love the tutu~!
ReplyDeletemy favorite part is still the poofs... they're fun in the pictures, too. hope they found a home in anika's room. :)
ReplyDelete