All right. In my own defense, I have started to write posts a few times before now. But then life happens; Anika starts to demand my attention, I need to get dinner started, I remember that there is a load of laundry that needs to be taken care of. And right now, even as I type, I am remembering a load that is sitting the washer...but I will attempt to finish this first! The clothes will still be there when I'm finished...right?
My last post was...September 21st. Ouch. Okay. So here are the highlights of what has happened since then.
October:
Anika grew up more and more every day. We had fun playing outside in the beautiful fall weather. Nathan and Nicole came to visit us for their fall break. We took a trip up to Sioux Center and Luverne for some sibling concerts at Dordt and Southwest and have fun playing with friend Ava. Garry's mom, sister Melissa, and brother Brandon came out to visit for a few days. Anika dressed up for her first Reformation Day as Dorothy and enjoyed seeing all the kids in the neighborhood come to our door dressed up for candy. We had a blessed month. I worked a few times substitute teaching for a few different teachers.
And here is October in pictures.

Now to summarize November. I started off the month substitute teaching a lot, which left little time for anything else. Anika learned a lot this month, and loves to color pictures. Although I have to watch to make sure those crayons stay out of her mouth. The non-toxic crayon had to have been invented by a mom. We were also busy preparing to leave for our trip to California to visit Garry's family for Thanksgiving. We were there for a week and had fun visiting a lot of our relatives. We even made it out to Atascadero to visit Justin, Kerrin, and Jane! We also had a fun time shopping in Exeter, CA with Beppa and Tante Melissa. Then we celebrated an early Christmas of opening presents from the Riezebos family since we won't be there for Christmas this year. Anika wasn't quite sure what to do with her present. She didn't even want to pull the paper out of the bag. I'm sure next year will be much different.
I call Anika my little pink Ewok when she has this sleeper on. :)
And a few random pictures of Anika after we got home from our trip.
I will hopefully blog again soon about our goings on. But this is a lot all at once, so hopefully you have forgiven me for being delinquent.
She has so much hair now! Love! Glad you posted. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, she's grown so much. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year, friend.
ReplyDelete