Thursday, April 21, 2011

No, We Haven't Fallen Off the Face of the Earth...

I am a terrible blogger. LAZY is my only word to describe why I have not updated pictures or news of our little family lately. Not that I have been lazy in life, just lazy when it comes to opening up blogger, starting to type, finding some pictures...
So here are the highlights of the Riezebos household over the past couple months:

March 19th Garry, Anika and I drove down to Lincoln, NE to visit Anika's newest friend in the world, second cousin Evelyn Joanna. Anika was very interested in the baby. We were very excited to celebrate God's gracious gift to Amy and Marcus with a safe, fairly smooth delivery and a beautiful, healthy baby girl.


March 21st marked Anika's turning SIX MONTHS OLD! She is a mover and loves to explore by scooching and army crawling all over the house. I cannot leave anything on the ground that she should not have because she will be by the forbidden item in two seconds. Here's some pretty six month pictures!





Anika loves Jake



March 25th, I woke up in the morning, looked out the window, and saw...



April came with my baby growing more and more adorable every day. Here are some pictures from early in the month.







Anika is now capable of sitting up all by herself, but she rarely sits still as she would prefer to move around and grab toys and explore.
And here she is, in all her SEVEN MONTH majesty! I cannot believe how fast this is going. Everyone says time flies, but I never imagined it would go by this quickly. And I hear it gets worse...



In other news, I am painting our house (finally) and getting rid of the colors I didn't like. So here are all the before pictures. I'll hopefully post the afters SOON! Although painting a house with a baby is quite a challenge. I have to wait until this weather gets warmer so that I can open the windows to vent the paint smell without it getting 55 degrees in the house...




1 comment:

  1. Hurray for catch-up posts! Anika is so big...my goodness. And I can't wait to see your after (or in progress!) painting pictures. I'm a sucker for before and afters! :)

    ReplyDelete