Changes are happening everywhere: outside the snow is melted away, inside my daughter is growing at an alarming rate, and inside my creative bug took over and I followed some urge to decorate for spring.
We had a difficult first that we just got through: a sick baby with a massive headcold. No fun at all. But Anika is a little trooper and even managed a few smiles in between her bouts of coughing and struggling to breathe. Poor little girl. And poor mommy who had to sleep on the couch and get up every couple hours to battle that mucous build-up. That's the job of a mom though. We are pretty amazing creatures when it comes to caring for our babies. I didn't know I could handle that little of sleep and still function. Although my eye started to twitch a bit after a few days of not a lot of sleep at night...she is doing much better now though, and is back to sleeping about 7-8 hours at a time. Praise God!
On a happier note, Anika has started eating solid food! We have started her on green beans, which I believe taste MUCH different than what she's used to eating, so she doesn't really EAT them as much as swishes them around in her mouth and makes faces. She eats them better in the morning and for lunchtime. At night she is not as willing to try.
Anika is also growing like the cutest little weed you've ever seen. She is now starting to babble as well, which is super fun to hear all those different consonants after just giggles and shrieks. I'm hoping that she can get the "m" consonant down to start saying "mommy", but so far the "d" is more prominent in her vocabulary, so we might have a daddy's girl on our hands!
Here are some catch-up pictures in no particular order...
No comments:
Post a Comment