Saturday, June 26, 2010

27 weeks down, 13 to go!

Pregnancy has been treating me very well; honestly, I cannot complain about much. However, the one complaint I have is that I am unable to do certain "nesting" projects because of health hazards for the baby. Baby's health comes first, so of course I won't do any, but I really wanted to help strip and refinish the crib, and I wanted to have our bathroom painted before baby arrived. So what to do? Find a new SAFE project! I was inspired by Kristin's baby announcements for Evan to make my own! Armed with a Hobby Lobby giftcard (thanks Mom Riezebos) and my good friend Kelsey's artistic advice, I managed to find a great ensemble for being creative. Kelsey helped me with the layout, and I can get pretty much everything finished except for baby's picture and information, which won't take too long to attach later. Here are some preview pictures of the announcements!



I couldn't resist the little feet. I think they are absolutely adorable!

And here are some updated side shots so that you can see how big baby is getting! I am feeling tons of movement and it feels stronger every day. My stomach will sometimes look like it is bubbling under the skin, which is super weird, but amazing. The midwife said that I need to make sure I can feel baby every day, multiple times. It's a little early for a kick count, but now I will go in every week for a urine sample and to hear the heartbeat. Next week is third trimester! Only a few short months until we get to meet the active little one. You get a candid shot and a posed shot this time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love it all! So, Gary can help you strip the crib, right? but I would love to help you paint the bathroom if you need help! Seriously! Also, you look amazing, and you have quite the eye for cute announcements. I really regret not doing those for Micah : ( So I think I am going to go all out for her 1 year birthday instead! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I inspired you! I did the same thing. I had everything done in the fall and had planned on the blue paper being either blue or pink. So once he was born I just had to cut the blue paper and fill out the information. I even brought the info cards to the hospital...I was so glad I did that. Since I had the c-section we were there longer and it was nice to have something else to do.

    You are looking so good! I loved being pregnant too....everything was so easy! My mom said that that is why Evan is such a pill...my pregnancy was too easy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete