Now, I knew absolutely NOTHING about sewing or even sewing machines, since I never took any sort of Home Economics class in high school and never really was interested in learning before. However, now that I have more time to devote to learning things, I decided that learning to sew was important for having a family. This way I can mend clothes, or even MAKE clothes for my kids and for Garry. I'd say that's a pretty wise, economical decision.
My wonderful pastor's wife, Elaine, is my guide on my sewing journey, and she is awesome. I had my first lesson last Thursday, where I was taught how to thread the machine and get the bobbin set up. She then helped me with the settings of my stitch and then it was up to me to practice!
I tried to practice earlier today, but the baby was getting into everything, so I had to get up every few seconds. After she went down for her afternoon nap, I was able to focus and practice these basics.
I am super proud of myself because I sewed myself a little pouch. I think I will give it to Anika. It is a mini pouch for a mini girl.
This makes me really excited to start getting patterns and attempting to sew larger items, like cute sundresses for my girl or maybe even dresses for me!
Ooo...how exciting! Now I'll have someone to share all the patterns for cute little girl clothes and accessories I keep finding online. Hope the sewing lessons go well!
ReplyDeleteCute! Nice work. Sewing is a handy trade, I think, though I have no idea how to do it. My mom sews, so maybe she'll teach me sometime.
ReplyDelete